This is a deep fried finger food, original recipe should be call Combro as the filling is contain of "oncom" I think :D , But since there is no Oncom in Singapore, I use tempe instead. So let's call it Tembro. Bahasa klik SINIYield 20 pcs
400 g Cassava, chop finely in a chopper, squeeze out about 50g of the juice.
100 g grated coconut
1/4 tsp fine salt
finely chopped ingredients:
30 g shallot
10 g garlic
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
200 g Tempe, finely cut
1 tbsp dried prawn powder
7 pcs green chilly, finely cut
1 red big chilly, finely cut
100 ml water
500 ml oil for deep fried
Prepare dough - Mix Cassava, coconut n salt, set aside
Prepare the filling
1. Heat up the wok at medium heat, pour in 2 tbsp oil , saute finely chopped ingredients.
2. Add in Tempe, dried prawn powder and chillies ans toss evenly. Add in water, stir-fry for 20 minutes . Remove, divided into 20 equal portions
3. Divided the dough into 20 portions
4. flatten into round wrappers, about 8 cm in diameter
5. put 1 portion of filling into each wrapper
6. fold wrapper n seal into oval shape, or any shape that suit you.
7. heat up 500 ml oil, using medium heat, low down a wooden shopstick, if bubble come out from the wooden chopstick, it means the oil is ready to be used.8. deep fried the 'tembro' under medium heat until golden brown , serve hot.